Sunday, January 11, 2009

Birthdays

My mom's birthday is today, my daughter's is tomorrow, mine is the next day. We have that clump every time of course. It's like running the gauntlet.

I have an uncle whose birthday was yesterday. I don't see him much anymore but it used to be clumped together with mine and my mom's, before the daughter and when we were more local and younger.

My daughter's birthday is her 31st, and I know she's counting off the seconds till it. We take our birthdays seriously. I still like mine. I don't mind getting old. I don't know why anyone would. It's nothing you have any control over.

The only person I ever held it against them how old they were was John McCain. And that was all fake. Except, realistically, you want to have a president who's on top of his or her game. If all he wanted to be was senator, do it as long as you want as far as I'm concerned.