Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Certified Letter

The other day I said I was suddenly a bail bondsman for some acquaintance. That was $100, but then when I later saw the form I signed (I'm not swearing to it but I believe this part wasn't written in at the time) there was a parenthetical part after the $100 that said $300 unsecured bond.

Today, then, I got a notice that I have a certified letter waiting at the post office. I didn't think much about it, but I suppose I should have. Because later it occurred to me that this might have something to do with that person's bond.

Coincidentally, I had a normal appointment with the acquaintance today but she wasn't there. Someone else told me where she supposedly was, but now I'm wondering, could she be in jail again? Assuming the worst, that she is in jail, that means the certified letter is going to be them telling me how much I owe, hopefully no more than $300, and that I should present myself with the cash.

I'll pick up the mail in the morning and I'm hoping it won't be that. But what else could it be? I don't get certified letters.